Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tied into the wiring on the taillight for an aftermarket plate relocator kit?? I need to know what wires to tie into. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
has anyone tied into the wiring on the taillight for an aftermarket plate relocator kit?? I need to know what wires to tie into. Thanks in advance
On my video, I showed about where I tied into them for the side mounted plate that I have, but the actual colors of the wires, couldn't tell ya. I dug into the wire loom and then located a couple of wires, then I proceeded to start tugging lightly on all the wires till I found the right two wires, then rerouted them via the swing arm and underneath it....

Afterthought: If you pop off the fender, then locate the back lighting assembly and start moving the wires around, it's easy to figure out the right wires from right next to it, if that is what you are asking as well..

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
You can tag into any of the two brown wire for running light in the rear. You should find two of them back there. One for license plate and or one is for the running light side of the tail light.The yellow and green is the stop light side.. Light blue is right directional and orange is left directional and of coarse your green is for your ground.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Remove the rear fender, at the rear of the frame is a black boot, inside the boot are 3 connectors 1 orange, 1 blue, 1 white, that one (white) is (are ?) the wires to the lic plate, a brown wire (hot) and a green (ground)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Ah, it's the white one that does the light on the back, the small white connector. The orange and blue are for the turn signal lights and the big black sleeve, under there is where the main connector harness is for the brake lights. Needed something to jolt my memory, thanks Tony.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Did you really have to regurgitate that?
Oh my bad, your working on 3 gazillion post now..

By the way it was Clueless that provided the detail.. I just helped with the pic..

You need to change your name from RSS to Mr. Peabody..

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Did you really have to regurgitate that?
Oh my bad, your working on 3 gazillion post now..

By the way it was Clueless that provided the detail.. I just helped with the pic..

You need to change your name from RSS to Mr. Peabody..
LOL.....Mr. Peabody......:D Does he have a "WABAC machine"? :D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
...... No, sorry... didn't see you guy's agreeing on the wires from the earlier posts...

But, here you go... here's both of your guy's sign ;):

·
Registered
396 Posts
Look on top of the tail light.

Take the rear fender off. On top of the factory tail light you will find plugs for the tail light, turn signals, & license plate light. IMHO this would be the best place to plug in your new taillight or side mounted license plate light.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
...... No, sorry... didn't see you guy's agreeing on the wires from the earlier posts...

But, here you go... here's both of your guy's sign ;):

White wire?? My license plate wire is a brown wire same as the tail light wire and its listed in my service manual as brown. Whatever!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
White wire?? My license plate wire is a brown wire same as the tail light wire and its listed in my service manual as brown. Whatever!
Bah, would've worked if I didn't re-read my post Dave... goober...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts