Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its January in Ohio and about 15* outide, great time to buy a bike :)

Anyway here is my 2010 Fury. One pic w/me and bike the other just bike.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Do I detect a Smile :) ?????? Central Indiana is just about as cold. Poor Fury sitting in the garage... Welcome to the Forum. Great bunch of people here!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike!! If it makes you feel any better I'm in GA and its to cold to ride here also:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Lookin Good!

It's about 70 here in Arizona :cool: A lot of bikers out today

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did end up taking it for a short ride today just before sunset, holy grap is cold out. This bike is sooo sweet. I got a lot of looks, not sure if its for the bike or the idiot riding it when its below freezing.

Richard1 - Im about 20 minutes south of you in West Carrollton

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Nice bike. I am in cleveland and it sucks. In southern west VA at winterplace right now and they just got 15 inches of snow while cleve is sunny. Guess it followed me.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Richard1 - Yes I did buy the bike at Honda of Troy...after getting two other dealers to battle on the lowest price :) H of T matched the lowest price and owner/salesman Dave was very nice, didnt pressure the 50 times I went in to sit on the bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I was in there Friday night and Dave was loading up a silver bike and said he was making a delivery. Must have been your bike. Good choice.

Did you get a chance to check mine out in the service dept? Blue w/250 tire kit.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Richard 1- I sure did check yours out..that tire is a monster. I do love the fender, wish I could get one for the stock tire width or maybe a little wider. I must have missed ya on friday, I was there til about 5pm and yes Dave was loading up my bike. When its warmer, and your bike is in once piece, we will have to get together.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Richard 1- I sure did check yours out..that tire is a monster. I do love the fender, wish I could get one for the stock tire width or maybe a little wider. I must have missed ya on friday, I was there til about 5pm and yes Dave was loading up my bike. When its warmer, and your bike is in once piece, we will have to get together.
I had a closing in Troy (I'm a realtor) scheduled for 5pm and it got pushed back to 6 so I killed time at the dealer. We were probably there at the same time.

Low & Mean are working on some fender options. I have some Kury Smoked Bezel turns signals that would look alful good on yor bike. Let me know if your interested.

Yeah, we'll have to hook up. "Stonewheel" on hear lives close, so we have gotten together a few times.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have a big loop I like to take when I go out riding. Part of it is rt 39 in carrolton and out around atwood lake. Are you close to there?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have a big loop I like to take when I go out riding. Part of it is rt 39 in carrolton and out around atwood lake. Are you close to there?
Were in Dayton, west of Columbus. I think you are NW of Columbus? From here, it is about an hour to Columbus. Do I have you in the right area? I'm all for a road trip if it works out.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Were in Dayton, west of Columbus. I think you are NW of Columbus? From here, it is about an hour to Columbus. Do I have you in the right area? I'm all for a road trip if it works out.
that's right. i'm just a little south of akron. definitely gotta ride when it gets warmer. I like to ride down to iron pony once in a while too.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldnt wait

I need to look for some roads to test out the bike. I got tired of looking at the bike in the garage and took it for a spin today. I was out for about 30-45minutes, 25*....the rest of me was alright, but fingers however were frozen from about the middle to the tips. I need some warm but not to thick riding gloves, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I need to look for some roads to test out the bike. I got tired of looking at the bike in the garage and took it for a spin today. I was out for about 30-45minutes, 25*....the rest of me was alright, but fingers however were frozen from about the middle to the tips. I need some warm but not to thick riding gloves, any suggestions?
Buy the "medium" weight gloves... Also, the thicker gloves aren't too bad, after you get a feel for your control's and bike of course...

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Do I detect a Smile :) ?????? Central Indiana is just about as cold. Poor Fury sitting in the garage... Welcome to the Forum. Great bunch of people here!
welcome.at least you arent under 15 inches of fresh snow.we just got rid of 18 inches and got dumped on again. ride safe.

·
Registered
889 Posts
when it gets too cold for normal gloves, i look to the dirtbike side. the fox polar paws for example. they make a big difference in keeping fingers warm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts