Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
Just got in from work ... it's like 1am and my vinyl wrap didn't arrive today .......... so I'm off to bed but here's a few pics for now..

quality 2k (2 part) top coat in a rattle can ($30 a can)
the new and improved version of the fuse plate
my mounting plate for both the chin scoop and the fuse plate, the little compartment is where I'll put the blue tooth controlled for the led lights to the velocity ring in my air intake (hypercharger with clear side window)
they stopped selling the chin scoops with the wire mesh cause the gals at the shop said they were falling off and their customers where unhappy to say the least so I bought my own mesh and used large washers instead of the little rivet washers and I think this mesh is gonna stay put....
so hopefully I will have some pics of the right side covers tomorrow (man were they a pain in the butt to get them to mount good..... 馃 馃 馃馃槾

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #22
Still haven't got my vinyl wrap :mad: was supposed to be here 2 days ago.... but anyways this is more or less what the side covers will look like (lol minus the extra holes which will be covered under the wrap) I also found an easy way to do the spring on the kickstand but....you would have to have a lift/jack a long sturdy screw driver and some good vise grips... took me like 30 seconds

Registered
Clean work man, looks good!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #24
WOW! still no wrap :mad: so much for 2 day amazon prime right?!? Anyways I did finally get the mounting plate for the hypercharger (shipped a week later then the rest of the kit cause they had to get it made or from the distributer ...whatever) anyways for a complete kit they sent me silver hardware for a black kit and failed to drill the mounting holes in the plate to attach the top cover ... so a simple 30 minute install turned into a couple of trips to the hardware store and $12 (more ... kit was $375) for the hardware ( oh yeah , the kit was mixed threads ??:unsure: metrtic and sae 馃枙馃ぁ馃挬) so 5 HOURS later.................and a break to meditate and center back to good energy ............... OH YEAH! had to get the clear window and LED velocity ring !!!!馃馃馃 Now just waiting on my pipes ...last update was that they were at the ceramics coating dudes shop I bought the STG Blackouts from Steve)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
Finally got the wrap , also got my duel "knight rider scanner lights" today as well, I rewired them into one circuit and modified the hard track they came mounted in so it would bend to the shap of the chin scoop... no pics but it looks pretty sick to me 馃 馃 馃 Here are some pics of the covers in place, .....I don't think I like the stock battery and fuse covers wrapped in carbon fiber....seems a bit too much to me :unsure::unsure:o_O what do you think? I'll probably pull it off here in the next day or so...........

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
Getting closer .... So when I'm all done....after I install the new pipes and put her back together 100% I'll post a whole new thread (in the proper forum link) about the whole project from start to finish with pics cause this ended up being much more a project then I first visioned ... :eek: for now here are a few more pics of how the final pieces and assembly ended up. You have to wait till the new thread for the pics of all the lights functioning (but I'll tell ya I think it looks totally SICK!, I personally have not seen anyone with "knight rider scanner lights" on a motorcycle...and I'm running dual sets in the air scoop)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
I'm almost bald ! (pulling out my hair anticipating the arrival of my new pipes) had to do something today so I blacked out the chrome into "black chrome" on the foot controls.....and gave you guys a sneek peek at the lights in the air scoop (not as impressive as a still shot cause they move in killer patterns)

Registered
Right foot peg bracket should be on the outside of your spacers.
Haha that's what I saw too but I thought it might be modified for shorter legs or something of the such so I just kept that thought to myself :LOL:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #33
Haha that's what I saw too but I thought it might be modified for shorter legs or something of the such so I just kept that thought to myself :LOL:
well ........... I am Japanese 馃槪 but the stereotype ... it isn't our legs that are short 馃槨馃か ...lol but at least I saw it before someone called me out on it 馃檮

Registered
well ........... I am Japanese 馃槪 but the stereotype ... it isn't our legs that are short 馃槨馃か ...lol but at least I saw it before someone called me out on it 馃檮
Haha it's all good. Least the project didn't end with extra bolts on the bench!:)

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
21 - 35 of 35 Posts