Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my fury literally the same if not more than the day I bought it. That said... The thought finally sank in that for almost equal value I can literally fly. Powered Paragliding looks like a sky motorcycle that could guarantee so many new adventures. Anyone done it? Pros and cons?

Flying to 15,000 foot altitudes taking off from your backyard seems like something only in your dreams. Given the economy, I can't have both and would have to choose.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Fury
869 Posts
I love my fury literally the same if not more than the day I bought it. That said... The thought finally sank in that for almost equal value I can literally fly. Powered Paragliding looks like a sky motorcycle that could guarantee so many new adventures. Anyone done it? Pros and cons?

Flying to 15,000 foot altitudes taking off from your backyard seems like something only in your dreams. Given the economy, I can't have both and would have to choose.
Pros; " hey look, I'm up here with drones and birds"

Cons; Ummm...gravity...and no Fury.

Hey, do what you feel. Ignore all other input.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
What do you think? If man was meant to fly, he would have wings already!
... And since man wasn't made with wings but blessed with a brain, we figured out how to allow ourselves to.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Trade my Fury for one? No. Go on some flights? Absolutely. During 8 months of the year I can roll the fury out and go. This close to the Rockies, winds get weird, This would be a hardcore risk here. Plus I couldn't do it as much. Doubt that I could take off from the driveway and land at work...

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This.

Although that's one of the things about which my wife would say, "you can try that after I'm dead."
Yeah my wife was not the happiest when I brought this up... I tried to make the argument that I'm safer with the birds than the city traffic texters. Everything is life is a risk right. Not only do I plan to make it happen someday, but she's coming with !

Check out "fly camping" ... Super crazy concept.

·
Registered
13,006 Posts
Yeah my wife was not the happiest when I brought this up... I tried to make the argument that I'm safer with the birds than the city traffic texters. Everything is life is a risk right. Not only do I plan to make it happen someday, but she's coming with !

Check out "fly camping" ... Super crazy concept.
I agree. Less traffic in the air. I love to ride, but if you have to pick one over the other, I would absolutely choose flying. I think that would be amazing. Go anywhere you want without needing a road. I say do it.

·
Registered
552 Posts

15,000 ft. Seems a bit high for that RIG ??
NO ??

·
Registered
2010 Fury
869 Posts
I woul
I haven't done the research, so I of course don't know this for a fact, but I would guess that statistically, there are way more motorcycle crashes than paraglider crashes during any given year.
I would also guess that on any given day there are more motorcycle riders than paragliders...gotta see stats per 10,000

1 - 20 of 29 Posts