Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
13,014 Posts
I woul

I would also guess that on any given day there are more motorcycle riders than paragliders...gotta see stats per 10,000
More important is the number of fatalities for each. I wish I hadn't of even posted what I did. I tried to look it up but of course depending on the source, the numbers are all over the place and I couldn't find simple answers. I got annoyed and gave up.

My opinion, forget about statistics, both are dangerous, do whatever the hell you want.

· Registered
743 Posts
More important is the number of fatalities for each. I wish I hadn't of even posted what I did. I tried to look it up but of course depending on the source, the numbers are all over the place and I couldn't find simple answers. I got annoyed and gave up.

My opinion, forget about statistics, both are dangerous, do whatever the hell you want.
Thank you Ole' Wise Man!

· Administrator
4,335 Posts
I don't know, I fly hobby R/C (the high-end stuff) so know about wind currents, maintenance, and the unexpected. It's not straight apples-to-apples, but it's at least in the ballpark. A real-life helicopter pilot I knew for years told me it's far easier to fly a full-size bird than R/C because you can feel what the full-size bird is doing, with R/C it's the same stuff but all you have to go on is intuition and experience. (Plus there's the flying-third-person thing, he thinks that's nuts.) But the maintenance is similar, which is to say lots of work and expense (though on a smaller scale).

That said, I'd rather put my carcass in a sketch bush plane than a para-glider. I've seen tubing do all sorts of unexpected stuff and in the air is not where I'd want to be when it does it.

· Registered
2010 Honda Fury
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's been a while and totally forgot I posted this... I have since decided that I don't have the heart to sell my prize bike so instead I will choose option C and BUILD a paramotor to add to the fun 😆. It's a fan backpack... I don't think it will be that hard. I chose the four stroke predator 212 go kart motor, which I have since ordered all billet parts for. Only $600 in total, I'm hoping to turn 6.5hp to 21hp while still losing weight. My CAD design for the frame is also finished as well, and now it's weld time. Not sure if this is the forum for all this but I'm not giving up on my cheap wright brothers dream lol.

Best,
CS

Attachments

· Registered
2,878 Posts
You should start a build thread on here for this.

· Registered
586 Posts
It's been a while and totally forgot I posted this... I have since decided that I don't have the heart to sell my prize bike so instead I will choose option C and BUILD a paramotor to add to the fun 😆. It's a fan backpack... I don't think it will be that hard. I chose the four stroke predator 212 go kart motor, which I have since ordered all billet parts for. Only $600 in total, I'm hoping to turn 6.5hp to 21hp while still losing weight. My CAD design for the frame is also finished as well, and now it's weld time. Not sure if this is the forum for all this but I'm not giving up on my cheap wright brothers dream lol.

Best,
CS
WILBUR !!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts