Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Fury and wondering how you folks ride the bike? :cool:

Do you buy the Fury for weekend (leisure) or for commute (work or school)?

Would this long wheel base hard to handle? How’s the ride comfort level? My daily commute is around 20 minutes one way on freeway.

My friend who owns a Fury told me that it is a bike you either like it or hate it, nothing in between. It is not something you can learn to love - so I want to invest my money “wisely”. By the way, I own and ride a Fatboy (leisure) and Z1000 (commute) now.

Thank you for your input in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I am looking at the Fury and wondering how you folks ride the bike? :cool:

Do you buy the Fury for weekend (leisure) or for commute (work or school)?

Would this long wheel base hard to handle? How’s the ride comfort level? My daily commute is around 20 minutes one way on freeway.

My friend who owns a Fury told me that it is a bike you either like it or hate it, nothing in between. It is not something you can learn to love - so I want to invest my money “wisely”. By the way, I own and ride a Fatboy (leisure) and Z1000 (commute) now.

Thank you for your input in advance. :)
There are quite a few members that use it for a daily driver, the only thing you may want to consider is that there is no storage if you should have to carry things into work/school. It is a great ride and you will love it, go test ride one and you will see ! Btw, your friend that owns one must love it if he bought it :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ride mine every where weather permitting. Love to park mine right next to the Harley's and choppers at work and then watch all the guys stand around it talking about it all day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ride mine every day 48 miles to/from work each day. I bought a Kury granTour bag with a Cobra luggage rack and carry stuff on week days and for longer trips. I just did a 700 mile round trip to northeast PA and back to VA with the bag and no problems (no sissy bar). I also purchased an Airhawk II seat cushion which was a life (and ass) saver! On weekends, I pull the bag and air cushion off and cruise around and it looks great - I get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The best thing about the fury is she has A very balanced roadworthy riding ability on all roads. I use her for fun and a daily commute on the interstate. As far as cargo room. You have tons of options. Swingarm bag, saddlebags,racks w/bungee....or just a lowprofile backpack. Just depends on your style. Remember and do your first mod right and get a better seat. Stock is a pain in da ass. Haha

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
With gas prices the way they are, I would love to ride mine every day. Unfortunately, being a Realtor, I am in a suit most of the time and need to carry For Sale signs and crap with me all the time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am a weekend warrior. Like Richard, I would love to be a daily driver, but it is not condusive with a suit. Also, my Morton infernos have burnt through two pairs of slacks...

From the people on here who have sold their bikes, I cannot recall anyone hating how it handled.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I ride mine to work weather permitting, and if I'm not delivering equipment that day. I actually look forward to getting sent to clients and adding miles to my commute. Clients always ask me when it's nice out if I'm on my motorcycle... especially the women. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
over 50 degrees and not raining i ride. i travel 98 miles round trip for work. almost all of it on the merrit parkway ( ask anyone in ct its a dangerous highway )

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't have much time on weekends so I've been mostly riding it to work since I got it. 30 miles each way. It's as good of a commuter as any other bike I've had.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ride for work - to clients' offices - weather permitting. Commutes are usually 10 miles or less (each way), all on surface streets. While the Fury doesn't handle as well as my 2008 Bonneville, it does quite well in traffic once you are conditioned to the longer wheel base. I find the Fury quite easy to ride, especially the lower seat height. For transport of materials, I use a messenger bag which is more than adequate for carrying a laptop, papers, etc.

The only downside for work is .... someone else must drive when going to lunch as a group.

Good luck in your decision, but remember few other bikes will yield the looks, questions, and comments your Fury will. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
For transport of materials, I use a messenger bag which is more than adequate for carrying a laptop, papers, etc.
I started using a backpack, surprisingly it doesn't bother me, I forget it's there until I get off.

The only downside for work is .... someone else must drive when going to lunch as a group.
That's not a downside, but a great excuse to have someone chauffeur you around :) Once in a while, my lunch group all brings their bikes, then we just ride somewhere with outdoor seating.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I ride mine whenever possible. When summer time comes around, there's no point in having a car for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd have to say half of my annual miles for work are on the Fury. I ride rain/shine and sometimes snow. I carry a backpack for work anyways so I throw what I need in there. I've done weekenders on it as well without any problems. My Shadow Sabre cruiser with saddlebags has sat idle since I got the Fury when it was released if that says anything. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
These threads might be worth checking out...

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/7255-test-rode-fury.html

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/7655-i-freaking-love-bike.html

Basically, guy has a 2008 Harley fatbob and a 2008 Buell Lightning. Wanted to check out a Fury....so he went to test ride one. Bought one. It's his new favorite bike.

This has been the case for numerous members here on the forums. Your friend is right....the Fury isn't for everybody. But it is for a lot of people. I think if you go test ride one, you'll love it and soon have one to call your own.

ps. The matte silver ones are the fastest.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Fury is my first bike. I too was concerned about the handling of a chopper like bike especially without any experience; however, my dealer stated that it was the sweetest handling bike on the floor with a great center of balance. My husband test road it for me and confirmed that it was awesome. I have had the bike since August of 09 and have ridden my husbands Yamaha Raider and my neighbors Harley Sportster.....I wouldn't trade my Fury for anything. It is also the easiest bike I have straddled to move around dead weight, I guess because of the center of gravity. I don't ride mine everyday, but I do take day rides and have never been uncomfortable...just buy a back pack cause there isn't any storage room. LOL!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I ride my bike almost daily.

-The handling you get use to, it isnt that different but it is noticable.

- for highway the long wheelbase is awsome, what sucks is the low gearing on the bike, if you go faster then 70 your sucking up gas insanely fast.

- for comfort, stock its good for almost an hour saddle time.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts