Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very hard to find:mad:. I have sent various emails to cobra, fuggin etc.... with no response... also needs to have the O2 input available.....
if anyone knows who may be able to help, PLEASE let me know......:)

cheers 'n' beers don:p

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Very hard to find:mad:. I have sent various emails to cobra, fuggin etc.... with no response... also needs to have the O2 input available.....
if anyone knows who may be able to help, PLEASE let me know......:)

cheers 'n' beers don:p
Call doug from Fuggin, The Euro fury is the same way, i think Bike 69 and Temporal mechanic have talked to him a little. you can check this a little maby get you some ideas http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...t/2630-lamda-oxygen-o2-sensors.html#post34050

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will call them directly monday or tuesday for ya and see what I can find out. Post exact requirements, is it you just need pipes with bungs installed?:)

i am actually after the VIPER with the bungs installed... i REALLY, REALLY appreciate your effort:):):) yes at the moment it is just myself...
you guys are great thanks for your help:):):)

cheers don

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hear your problem as i am in the same boat don, I am from Sydney and am having the same issues ,There is a place in W.A called South City Honda that deal with fuggin they are supposed to be getting some pipes in ,there number is 0895347666. there is a place in Sydney that have Cobra swept pipes called action honda but retail for $1550 goodluck from Rick

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gar, Doug of Fuggin said bungs are same for us and aussi bikes, 18mm same pitch. Does this sound right to you? Do you have other Info that I should be aware of. TKS
Here is the deal with exhaust for Europe and Australia. The bikes have O2 sensors and bungs can be put in the pipes, but the stock ECU will not sense the fuel required for the new air-flow. Thus the bike will run in the lean condition. The only way around this problem is to add a fuel controller to add more fuel, but this will only work if you remove the O2 sensors. Currently there is not a fuel controller on the market that will work with the O2 sensors installed working thru the stock ECU. The bikes stock ECU will read the O2 senor and pull the fuel back out, defeating the fuel controller’s settings.
What we are currently testing are O2 eliminator plugs so that when the O2 sensors are removed, you don’t get an error code on the bike and the eliminator plugs will fix this. So basically the ideal set-up for Europe and Australia is Fuggin Fabrication exhaust system, Fuggin EFI Fuel controller and O2 eliminator plugs so that the O2 sensors can be removed.
We are only waiting for the results of the O2 eliminator plugs testing before we have product available for Europe and Australia.
Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the deal with exhaust for Europe and Australia. The bikes have O2 sensors and bungs can be put in the pipes, but the stock ECU will not sense the fuel required for the new air-flow. Thus the bike will run in the lean condition. The only way around this problem is to add a fuel controller to add more fuel, but this will only work if you remove the O2 sensors. Currently there is not a fuel controller on the market that will work with the O2 sensors installed working thru the stock ECU. The bikes stock ECU will read the O2 senor and pull the fuel back out, defeating the fuel controller’s settings.
What we are currently testing are O2 eliminator plugs so that when the O2 sensors are removed, you don’t get an error code on the bike and the eliminator plugs will fix this. So basically the ideal set-up for Europe and Australia is Fuggin Fabrication exhaust system, Fuggin EFI Fuel controller and O2 eliminator plugs so that the O2 sensors can be removed.
We are only waiting for the results of the O2 eliminator plugs testing before we have product available for Europe and Australia.
Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
i will wait for this oh great one.....:)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
What he might of meant is the bungs he has in the us is same ones for Aussi land. For reasons, I had been up 24 hrs, so I might of missed his meaning? The 02 eliminators might be just resistors, like Power Commander has for fury, 1v, and not switches so ecu does not override FI . I turn it over to you GAR, I am getting over my head!:confused: I guess we will have to wait 2 weeks for correct configuration, TO BUNG OR NOT!:(

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
So to Bike 69, Temporal, Nuts 351, Fury Rick, my friends, I have gone about as far as I can for you, seems we will have to wait for testing! You can PM me anytime I will make any phone calls for you if need be.:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So to Bike 69, Temporal, Nuts 351, Fury Rick, my friends, I have gone about as far as I can for you, seems we will have to wait for testing! You can PM me anytime I will make any phone calls for you if need be.:)
Mental, you have been awesome:) I appreciate all your efforts and the efforts of everyone on this forum... I will be trying the slip on reapers for now till we get some info from doug at fuggin....

thanks again guys, you have all done well:):)

OK to the next thread now.......:p

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
mental, you have been awesome:) i appreciate all your efforts and the efforts of everyone on this forum... I will be trying the slip on reapers for now till we get some info from doug at fuggin....

Thanks again guys, you have all done well:):)

ok to the next thread now.......:p
smile; we will get er done! Can bet my nuts on that! Cheers:d

·
Registered
120 Posts
Guys, much appreciated all your help on this. As Mental rightly points out and Senor Gar knows. Here in Scotland, Europe, same pain in the arse O2 in pipes issue. Nothing is ever simple..:)..

However, Doug (Fuggin) does have a solution that they are working on that uses O2 eliminators which does go some of the way and does open up the market for Fury owners worldwide.

I'm keen to keep O2 bungs in pipes so I can add AFR gauges, much like Senor Gar, that way I know exactly what the air-fuel ratio is. I do believe the Honda cheaper O2 sensors are possibly narrow band 3.5v which goes some way to explain why even with them used in after market pipes and hi-flow air adapters that they still run too lean. My thinking is that the range of the stock O2 sensors isn't "wide" enough. So maybe the wide band 5v sensors (such as Bosch) are required. Who knows.

I'm intrigued by the Fuggin EFI under development that may use the O2 bungs... it would make tuning the AFR a doddle if so.

I too had similar communication or lack of with Cobra and other companies. It seemed that if it required a bit of forward thinking or effort they weren't interested. When I replied back to their lack of commitment stating that I was asking on behalf of an alleged magazine on behalf a group of readers... it was as if a huge door opened and their eyes and pockets were begging for attention. Those sorts of companies don't interest me. Fuggin were the only company to be forth coming and actually show that they were looking for and testing a fix. My kind of company. Besides it could potentially be a big market out there and I hope it is for Fuggin. Thumbs up.

Because of Doug's behind the scenes work on testing and assistance in looking for a solution I will be putting my business in his direction first, guaranteed.

I appreciate all the feedback you guys have given me. Special thanks to Senor Gar, Mental, and Doug (Fuggin).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.