Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, but sorry... I haven't any covers for you. Be safe... enjoy your Fury!:winetime:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Hi all, I'm from Brisbane, Australia and am chasing an original matte black headlight, as well as any engine/side covers any of you may have. Thanks
I have a full set of engine covers that have been painted gloss black. Head covers, clutch/derby covers, coolant reservoir cover. Let me know if you want pics.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Headlight is only in chrome stock but, has been painted matte black. Covers can be purchased already painted from the factory.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Headlight is only in chrome stock but, has been painted matte black. Covers can be purchased already painted from the factory.
I was just going to say, I thought Headlight only comes in chrome from the factory, is there such thing as matte black from honda? I have a pair of black covers. let me know if you want to see pics of them..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, was not expecting such quick replies for this post!

Firstly, as far as posting in the new member forum - I've now rectified this.

With the headlight, wasn't aware that these were originally chrome and subsequently painted. I just looked at pics (a LOT of pics) online and found what I like. I'm really going for the sort of thing in this pic - the black contrasting the white, so black headlight and as many of the covers as possible.

Will PM you all - thanks again for replying so quickly.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For any of you that have replied advising that you have the covers and/or headlight, are you willing to part with them?
This may seem like a stupid question but I want to make haha

Cheers

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
My bike was totalled back in October.... so yeah.... lol

They could stand to be repainted as they got a couple scratches in the wreck but they are intact with no broken tabs or anything and you would probably want to paint them any way since you want all black.

Here are some pics @krashDH since you inquired as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn Kbuskill, sucks to hear about your bike being totalled - hope you were okay if it was a crash.

I suppose the other thing I should be looking at is, given that these are all just painted, is it going to be cheaper to paint my parts rather than pay for shipping from the states.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Damn Kbuskill, sucks to hear about your bike being totalled - hope you were okay if it was a crash.

I suppose the other thing I should be looking at is, given that these are all just painted, is it going to be cheaper to paint my parts rather than pay for shipping from the states.
Depending on how steady your hand is, you can definitely do it yourself on the cheap. I did not use a gun. If you look at the green reaper in the other thread, scuffed all the covers, used a self etching primer, used a matte black-ish with a few coats, and finished with a satin clear. Honestly, I thought they came out really nice, and all it cost was a few cans of paint and some time.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
That pic you posted looks great krashDH! Exactly what I'm going for with those parts!
Thanks, I definitely haven't seen another color scheme like it yet, I'm happy!

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
painted over chrome? I may be interested. View attachment 240272
Yep, I sandblasted them lightly and then used self etching primer before painting them with lacquer black paint, as seen in the pics I posted earlier.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get them rounded up and get some pictures for you.

They probably could stand to be repainted since they have been kinda beating around since they came off the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts