Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a day or so ago pictures of my vaction in Michigans UP. Well Last night we (wife+15m old) left her parents around 7pm and headed home, roughly 650miles.

With around 300m left the trailer makes all kinds of noise and starts to shake. I have no idea whats going b/c I have never towed a bike or much of anything for that matter. I get out at 1am and look things over, nothing really staring at me. I start to go again and its even worse, so I stop. I check the tires this time and looks as if the tread has peeled off of the passenger side tire.

I try to change the tire, b/c I did have a spare....well looks like my BIL put two different size botls on and I dont have the correct wrench. So I limp in about 40-50 miles to the nearest/open gas station at Speedway around Exit 50 on Michigan's M43.

Just to my luck I see a car with a tool box in the trunk....I look around and find the owner, Mike. I explain the situation and ask for help and he does. One hell of a nice guy to help a stranger at 2am after you just got done fixing a broke semi and want to get back home and to bed. THANK YOU MIKE!

Get the wheel off and something is not right. Put the crappy spare tire on and its loose. Appears after the blow out, the trek to get to the service station blew the wheel bearings on that side. $HKLJHWF:pSKLDJH!!!!!!

Well I got a screaming kid in the back of the car and wife that doesnt look happy and we are both tired by this time. I make the decision to pull the bike off and follow the car/trailer as far as we can get it.

With the weight of the bike off the wheel it looks alright. I put my boots, chaps, jacket, FC helmet and gloves on and tell the wife lets go. Its 230am now, around mid 40's, I'm a bit chilly.

After some careful driving and riding we arrived home around 7am. It was about a 240m trip for me on the bike, the longest by like 140m. Around the 120mile mark my as got numb, but came back with about 30m to go.

I'm not sure my wife will let me trailer the bike anymore. Now I get to go out and find exactly what went wrong and replace everything.

Man I'm tired.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
That would suck. I would say screw it and get a room for the night then start fresh in the morning. Tell your wife it could be worse, we could all invade your house again to help you work on it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich come on over. I'll have a seat for ya next to my kid and you two can read the manual as I do the real work :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Rich come on over. I'll have a seat for ya next to my kid and you two can read the manual as I do the real work :)
Could be worse, I blew my engine on the way home from work the other night. Now Im stuck with just the fury and hauling parts on the bike. Stuff happens, aslong as you and your family are safe everything else is repairable or replaceable. The inconvenience stinks but it can always be overcome

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yup, life's a bitch, and then you die (or you marry one; LOL).

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Dang what a story! Glad you are okay and you can figure out what is happening to the trailer.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Listen buddy, I’ve pulled my share of wrench’s in my day. Sometimes it’s better to let someone that really knows what they’re doing do the work. Oh, that reminds me, how’s that fender coming?;)

Below: MNUCat DIY Fender Mod.:eek:

·
64 Posts
thats one sexy fender mod there. hahaha. just be happy you were smart enough to ride the bike all they way home. some people might force it and end up dumping the bike. piss on that crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts