Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the pair valve removal and installed the dimpled block off plates. I did the job myself and took my time. I'm still getting popping and the sucking of air on decel. Its usually between 40 to 50 mph while decelerating.

My bike has following:
Cobra swept exhaust w/ Big City Thunder Baffles # 2001
Cobra FI2000R setting at default setting 1 2 0

Do any of you guys get some popping when downshifting decelerating? I called Cobra twice and the tech told me that 1 or 2 pops is normal, but i'm getting several pops. I THOUGHT the block off plates is supposed to elimanate this completely WTF....

All comments are welcomed. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Check to see if you have an exhaust leak. Take a lighter while it is running and move the flame around the exhaust ports.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Pair valve block off did not stop my popping and sucking sound on decel either. You're not alone:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i read your thread about this taffyspop. I'm hearing that several things could be the problem:
Exhaust leak
rip/tear in the vaccum hoses ( don't know where these hoses are located) This came directly from Larry who sold me the block off plates, Great guy, very helpful.
The bike is running too lean.

Do you have the FI2000R? Any baffles? Would adjusting this help?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Few suggestions after you do the flame test..

You should be using 87 fuel.

Look up the http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/3566-honda-fury-faq.html

Check out some of the older threads about setting that fuel controller of yours.

How many miles does it have on it? Maybe you need to adjust your valves as well. If he had been using high octane fuel in his tank, it will take a few cycles of 87, oil change and spark plug change to get it sounding better.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Don't have a FC yet. Waiting for Qban to give us the report on the high dollar one from Cobra. Getting kind of used to the pop anyway. Probably running too lean so will have to correct it before long........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts