Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Icon Regulator Aircooled Vest - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

With all the talk about patches and t-shirts and ordering a few. I was thinking it would be nice to have something to put them on. So while looking through one website I came across the vest pictured in the above link. Its an Icon regulator vest. Has a patch on the back that read Superior Horsepower with an engine and skull in the middle.

I though it would be neet to have it say Superior Engineering with the 1300 motor, skull, and say Honda on the crank cover instead of Icon. Yes a patch that size will cost, but love the idea.

I cant draw so anyone want to take on the challenge.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It would be interesting to see you wear that as you strolled thru the Harley Dealership.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich I would do it in an instant, I'm packing every place I go. So should I put you down for one?

You see in the DDN that owner of F&S is looking to sell? Said he has been selling HD for over 50yrs and thinks its time for himt to move on....LOL b/c hes going bellyup.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's a nice vest idea. The vest is on e-bay with a starting bid of $ 100.00 for l-xl. Others carry it for $280.00. As luck would have it... I'm prob a xxxl for this leather. See if shorty Steve can mock it up.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Rich I would do it in an instant, I'm packing every place I go. So should I put you down for one?

You see in the DDN that owner of F&S is looking to sell? Said he has been selling HD for over 50yrs and thinks its time for himt to move on....LOL b/c hes going bellyup.
No I didn’t see that. I figured it was coming though. Their store is almost empty and the sales staff says everything is fine and that another dealer in town is spreading stories about them. Not sure who that is. I was told by somebody that they had actually filed bankruptcy.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
NMUCat, I didn't have much time to get this done as I have to get ready for a big meeting. I hope this gives you a good idea of what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SS your the man. That looks great. Thank you, now get to work, got to pay the bills somehow.

For those who have contact info for patch or t-shirt makers can you post or pm me the info so I can see about getting one of these made, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
NMUCat, anyone that wants a quote for that patch will need to send in a picture of JUST the patch and tell them that it is 11 x 10. I can supply the pic for anyone that wants it. I can shoot it to my patch guy and get a quote.

zitrosfury, I can change ANYTHING on any of my designs. I drew it up without the exhaust ports but the ICON vest had ports so I put them on.
Not real fond of them myself.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I can't bring myself to spend that much on a jacket, let alone s vest. I got a ma/pa leather shop near buy, I'm gonna check them out tomorrow. I got a pair of buffalo chaps for $50.

SS, thanks again for quick responses. Little tweaks, remove exhaust ports and extra pieces on the right of the engine. Can your guy do the top and bottom rockers as well?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
NMUCat, My guy can do anything I can draw up.:rolleyes:
The question is, can you afford it?
Patches are valued by the stich and the cut.To do something this big and an edge-cut will not come cheap
Doing it right is not going to be cheap, doing it cheap is not going to be right.

Here are you tweaks.

Fling B, we have the "HONDA" in the cover for 2 reasons. 1. The bike does. 2. The huge gapping "F" in the skull says Fury.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Looks good to me guy’s! I didn’t even mind the exhaust ports, looked like guns to me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
best patch yet! but not superior horsepower why not plug in east coast,westcoast,midwest aussie etc. and at the bottom fury riders its very universal. and about a 1/3 smaller. still a great look :)

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
As the patch stands now it is 11 1/4 x 10 inches with about 96% stitch coverage. Let me warn you guys, this is NOT going to be a $6 patch.
Manufactures charge by the stitch and the number of colors.

With the words in rockers we can change the wording without doing different patches, that will help keep the cost down some.

I have sent the pic out to my patch guy for a quote but with the cost I don't think this will be a big seller, limited runs mean a higher price.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I have bought patches this size for about $30 to $40. Not sure what the price will be for a custom one.

But if this helps, you will pay about $9.95 for something like the ECFR patch and we got it delivered for $6.50. We will see what my guy says, it don't cost nothing for the quote.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts