Honda Fury Forums: banner

You're re-painting your bike--what would your design choice be?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a few seconds and participate in this poll. I am curious as to what drives folks to paint unusual images onto their bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
**Guess I got to your post before you posted up the poll... lol, anyways :p **

Well, I don't think mine is that unusual... But, I guess I'll start. I saw the Fury as an unfinished work of art, as the Fury really has some nice lines. Just thought they needed to be accented more with some color and something that wouldn't get boring and be plain Jane after awhile.

I also sat down and just starred at my bike for a few hours till it finally clicked in my head, what direction I wanted to go with the paint.

To me, it's always inspiring to look at somebody else's idea's or thoughts that have come out on their paint job and that was what I was looking for in my paint. Something that was simple, yet had a subtle piece of me incorporated into it.

The Atheist symbol is just there to put it out to the rest of the world, as we see a constant barrage of other symbols out there, figured I would put it out there as well... lol

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Just thought they needed to be accented more with some color and something that wouldn't get boring and be plain Jane after awhile.
Chrome is not a color

MFR

P.S. chrome whore

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
My final paint is going to be subtle, the FURY will bring you in and then you will notice the little things. It's all about the Bike to me

MFR

P.S. not about seeing your Pretty reflection

JMO
IMHO
WTF?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I haven’t committed to any theme like skulls, tribal, patriotic, ladies etc. I am looking for a “classy” type paint job. Unfortunately, the Blue is a little more difficult to work with. If you are in to custom paint jobs, I would go with the Black or Silver bikes. Many more options.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
No option for just flames?
I agree, you need a few more of the popular choices like Flames, Flashy, etc. If you want to ad more options to your poll let me know and I can make that happen. Also, some may need to change their vote, let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
the Blue is a little more difficult to work with.
Did you ever take my advice about going somewhere and just trying to figure out what kind of paint job you wanted on your bike? Just curious as I would like to finally see a paint job on that bike, I know you have been wanting one for a little bit...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Did you ever take my advice about going somewhere and just trying to figure out what kind of paint job you wanted on your bike? Just curious as I would like to finally see a paint job on that bike, I know you have been wanting one for a little bit...
I've been looking everywhere. This past weekend at the cyclefest I intentionally looked for Blue bikes and any type of theme/pattern that I liked. I came up empty of course. Since I’m looking for a clean look, I was thinking about trimming the outline of the fenders and lines of the bike. I like tdebeers chrome colored trim around his rear fender. When I see it, I’ll know, or I’ll just come up with my own ideas.

The girls not bad either...;)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Black invisible flame. But not to much. Small flames. More like fire in a heavy wind. Just coming off the front of all the tins to about half way back. May be a little more on the tank.

Nazi insignia??? Why would someone want that?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well I am not sure if what I want is Patriotic but it is a reflection of who I have been for the last 16+ years. I am going along the lines of the best and most sought out group in all branches of the military for construction... the SEABEE's.

CB.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Just a comment here as there are many more choices than offered. Of all the painting I've done (and it's a fair amount) Skull themes seem to have stayed on top. Almost every Harley owner seems to want skulls or skull/flame combos. Even most other bikes do the same.

When I ask 'Why skulls' , the best response I've gotten is "Death is being laughed at by the rider". Not a bad response. Demons, skeletons, bones, skulls, graveyards, tombstones, fire, flames ...... etc, etc, etc.....are all themes laughing at our own eventual demise.

To ride a 400-1200 # two wheeler when you are up against massive obstacles, it's just like David and Golliath! (I believe David won that battle) Death themes seem to be staying here and maybe here forever. Sure beats roses, flower arraingements, cartoon characters ...BUT whatever means something to you is the only way to go! Hell, even roses have thorns! :eek:

Find something in your paint that means something to you is my best advise. If you want to laugh at death, more power to ya. If you want to dress it up like a girl...well, be prepared to answer some hard biker questions. If you want a theme bike...I say 'do it'. Flame it, skull it, demonize it, but for the sake of your sanity, DO SOMETHING TO IT!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've been looking everywhere. This past weekend at the cyclefest I intentionally looked for Blue bikes and any type of theme/pattern that I liked. I came up empty of course. Since I’m looking for a clean look, I was thinking about trimming the outline of the fenders and lines of the bike. I like tdebeers chrome colored trim around his rear fender. When I see it, I’ll know, or I’ll just come up with my own ideas.

The girls not bad either...;)
Richard it's actually chrome. If you are interested PM me and I will pass along the info for ordering.
T

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen more Nazi influenced gear and paint jobs in the past few years--then there's the Skulls, always popular.
Flames and Pinstripes (I've asked Richard to add those two selections) dominated custom cars for years. They seem to have migrated over to bikes, too.

Me, I think the paint job should reflect your personality or at least show how you feel about something.
It could be religious, anti-religious, sexy ladies, etc. It has to be your statement.

I've got some pretty strong feelings about what I don't like (or perhaps I just don't understand--).

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I've seen more Nazi influenced gear and paint jobs in the past few years--then there's the Skulls, always popular.
Flames and Pinstripes (I've asked Richard to add those two selections) dominated custom cars for years. They seem to have migrated over to bikes, too.

Me, I think the paint job should reflect your personality or at least show how you feel about something.
It could be religious, anti-religious, sexy ladies, etc. It has to be your statement.

I've got some pretty strong feelings about what I don't like (or perhaps I just don't understand--).
Willis would be a lil Freaky Stan JMO

·
Registered
80 Posts
On the poll I picked patriotic, but I like anything that is done good.

The awesome thing about KUSTOM paint is that nobody has the same thing, it is original to you. People can buy the same pipes, wheels, air cleaners and other accessories but an airbrush paint job cannot be duplicated. I agree a paint job should reflect the owner and make the bike personal, but some people want to resale it one day so I understand "Just good looking" paintjobs too.
My prior paintjob was my bike painted to look like a P-51 mustang with Harley logos as the kill symbols and some nose art. It always got the Harley guys heated when they seen the kill symbols.
Skulls, flames, pin-ups and patriotic all the usual ideas still can be done original with a good artist. To the people looking for a good painter dont stop at the first one, cheapest or the closest until you have researched them, and found one that will fit your budget with quality work, no good painter will sacrifice quality/reputation for price. You may have to sacrifice some exotic paints or time spent on artwork but never quality. It is kinda like getting a tattoo, it is expensive and permanent. IMO

·
Registered
806 Posts
I love the matte silver paint and would never change it or cover it too much with anything. I do want to get some nice freehand scroll pinstripes done to just add a touch of color. There is a great rat rod car show in Austin each summer where they do it right there in front of you in a booth. I'll prolly head down and do it this summer.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
YO

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MFR--even Willis figured out who took that last photo--that silhouette is so you!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Flames and Pin Striping have been added to the poll. If anyone wants to changed their vote to one of these, let me know and I will make the change.:cool:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts