Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my Fellow Fury Riders,,,im curious,,seeing that the Mod list and cost post has come out and some including myself have invested quite a bit of aftermarket and man hour dollars to improve our bikes ,, what do you feel your bike is worth,,based on the bike show ins and outs a Mild Custom bike only says must have original engine,frame and front end,,but some off ya have customized the frames and front ends,,How can you sell it as a base Fury, why would you try to sell it for less than what its worth. I post about selling my bike I get some good feed back and opinons, someone posts a Black Fury for sale a few days later and as of yesterday nobody commented on his. I guess im lucky I have good people like some of ya around me that care. But all seriousness ,,,based on what you have done to your bike,,ie money and time,,,what is your bike worth,,honest fair opinion value...:D

Here is mine!!
Cost out the door with pipes,chromed rims and FI2000 was $13,600

Since purchase !! New seats,sissy bar with pad,wind screen,Intake,fork caps,Hand Grips,accent lighting,Irate grill and chin spoiler add another $2200

The Total invested in my bike is roughly $16,200

If I really wanted to sell it I would ask around $17,500..I have done some research on motorcycle appraised values based on individual customizing that changes the value of the bike. No different then selling your house. I dont think there are 2 bikes in here that are identical,yes you have to start at a base line, which is a base model, but getting fair market value is for like items only. You need to get your bike appraised if you want a better understanding as to what its worth. Some of ya that have put on the sumo kits and have spent thousands of dollars to upgrade the suspension and install struts have no base model to compare with. I would think you are selling yourself short if you are going by what others are doing and selling base models for. This is an open discussion,,I listened to alot of ya and did some research,,asked alot of questions to local bike shops,,and got mixed info and found better info in black and white online. no arguments please,,this is for general discussion thanks:D

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
we did a thread like this some time back, not sure how to do the search for it. I have just under 40k counting the cost of my bike invested in mine

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we did a thread like this some time back, not sure how to do the search for it. I have just under 40k counting the cost of my bike invested in mine
So as my question in my post Snuff,,based on what you said, how much would you,,sell your bike for if you wanted to sell it,,your opinion as to what its worth,,and as far as a thread to what I asked,,only a Mod cost thread,,but I thought this would be a good topic as to some of the feed back from some good members and some other threads that talk about the work alot have done and some comments made on bikes being put up for sale this would be positive talk..:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
If I were to sell it right now, before they do the paint and new trees, I wouldn't let it go for less than 25000. I'd love to get what I invested but we all know how that works.

At the start of our riding season I was offered 25k to trade for a big dog mastiff. The offer was online to get me to ride to Akron to their dealer but I was thinking that's not bad so went to see. When I got there the offer went down to 10k lol and I was told they can't pay me for any customizing. What a load.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were to sell it right now, before they do the paint and new trees, I wouldn't let it go for less than 25000. I'd love to get what I invested but we all know how that works.

At the start of our riding season I was offered 25k to trade for a big dog mastiff. The offer was online to get me to ride to Akron to their dealer but I was thinking that's not bad so went to see. When I got there the offer went down to 10k lol and I was told they can't pay me for any customizing. What a load.
Yeah I agree with you on the dealer not wanting to add for mods, but on custom stuff you have to have it apprasied, just like a custom car would. Pay the $250 bucks , get a certified certificate and use it. Man 40k wow thats impressive, I wouldnt let a dealer look at it. Bet there are enthusiests out there begging to hop on your ride and pay to own it cause they appreciate the true value. Thanks for your input Snuff:D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wild Bill, get any bites yet?
2 actually, Had a lady come ask me questions about it while I was at Logans steakhouse, when I told her it was for sale she went and got her camera,,it was close to dark so I had the accent lighting on and she was shocked I wasnt asking over 20K for it, she wanted it for her dad and said she would call me sometime this week. So its monday ,,we shall see. :D The other person is from overseas,,not too sure he wants to pay for shipping,,lmao

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
It depends, If you want to move it fast 9-11k is a realistic number depending on miles, condition of everything, and all the other fun stuff. My bike is close to stock except for forwards, pipes, PC-V, and taillight and a few other things. I have about 1k into it and would expect to get about 9ish for my bike, If I was patient and had someone interested that wanted everything I have the way it is now I could probably get about 10k or slightly more.

As a buyer accessories are only worth adding to the cost of the vehicle if you want them, but if you don't want them why in the world would you accept having their cost added to the cost of the vehicle. Because of this when you do any work to a vehicle you should do it tastefully. My uncle has a ton of custom marine corps paint on his Harley that if you wern't a marine or diehard fan you would probably not be interested in the paint so he would have to eat the cost of that or possibly drop the bike under fair market (for a buyer that would repaint) to make it worth purchasing

·
Banned
622 Posts
bill when i did my insurance and took it in for the to evaluate paint and mods they are covering $18,300 with paint and extras so if i ever qant to see that kind of money i will have to total out the bike ...lol... i have been offered 13,000 by individual buyer and a little over 11 at harley for trade in

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Bill, as you know, everyone’s situation is going to be a little different. I have a lot invested in my bike and did it for my own enjoyment, not necessarily “resale value”. With that said, when I decide to sell something, I price it below what I believe to be "market value", just to get it over with. And before anyone asks, my Fury is not for sale yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't forget it's a vehicle, so the base price drops in value once off the lot. I would love to get my investment back out someday, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I believe most people looking will still compare new and used stock prices, then discount most of the mods. You may need to hold out for a long time to find that special person that has your same tastes and is willing to pay for the job already done.

I consider anything I buy that rolls, flys, or floats to be consumed (spent money, not investment). That is why I rent planes and boats (the big stuff), and only buy motorcycles and average cars. And because of the drop in resale value, I still own most of the cars and bikes I have purchased. I just end up giving them to nieces and nephews to use when I'm done with them. I get many more brownie points lending, than the couple grand and the hassle of selling.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i didnt buy the fury to resale but if i did it would start at 17,000 and if they sqabbled i would jack it up.nuff said.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
The earlier comment about a person not wanting the mods shouldn't pay for them when buying the vehicle is true, go get a stock one and not a tricked out one. Everyone has different taste and mods their bike different. Regardless if you like mods or not no way would I DONATE the aft hp kit, or ANY of the expensive mods I paid for let alone the raping I took on shop labor to ensure it was all done right. Switz I am glad you made the ins referrence I have put that off all season and need to let them get pics and revalue. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i mearly asked if you did sell your bike what you felt it was worth,,lmao,,so Richard,,seeing we understand each other,,I know you arent selling but in your opinion,,whats your bike worth to you if so decided to sell,,little hypothetical convo,,I had my Pizza and 2 beers tonight before the Eagles crush the skins,,help me out,,hehehhe

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Hey Bill, hate to see you sell your ride and I hope you get what your looking for with the sale and I hope that everything works out well for you..
I can tell you from experience having spent many years in auto business that when it comes to selling or trading in any vehicle things can change very quickly from what many sellers think and expect to receive to the actual reality of what the market can call for...
Always best to try and sell it out right to a private party verses any type of trade in trade in.
Any extra mods or ad ons can help to attract a buyer but will not produce much to the added value of what one would expect to receive as a return on their investment and in many cases you are much better off if possible to remove them and sell them outright so as to try and recovery some of the original cost.
Most times when people are selling there are good reasons and they need
quick cash. This can be a real disadvantage to position them self to a maximum potential of the sale therefore giving the advantage to the buyer. Always better if possible if you have the time and patients to wait it out until the right buyer comes along ..
There is an ass for every seat so just be patient until the right buyer comes along that can truly appreciate the hard work you have done to your ride and one that will give you a fair price for your efforts. Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Its called fair market value. The market dictates what you can get for the bike.

If you have tons of money invested, and want to sell it for a pretty penny, you now have to find a buyer. Problem is, the Fury is on the low end of the spectrum. You dump lots of money into it and try to sell it for that amount your going to run into trouble. Those that have that high amount of money will now weigh their options for a bike higher up on the spectrum.

Fury ( 13K$ ) + 7K$ in mods = 20K$ for that amount someone is going to start looking in the Harley neighborhood.

Heres another example i have seen time and time again.

Scion xB ( 14K$ ) + 10K$ in mods = 24K$ for that amount i could get my foot in the door for a much nicer car with either more HP or more creature features. To try and sell the xB for 24K ... isnt going to happen.

Whats my Fury worth to me? Its priceless. How much am i going to ask the insurance to insure it for next year? Somewhere around 20K$

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
lol i mearly asked if you did sell your bike what you felt it was worth,,lmao,,so Richard,,seeing we understand each other,,I know you arent selling but in your opinion,,whats your bike worth to you if so decided to sell,,little hypothetical convo,,I had my Pizza and 2 beers tonight before the Eagles crush the skins,,help me out,,hehehhe
Without giving it much thought, probably 15-16k. I keep telling myself that I am going to add everything up that I did to the bike, but have never gotten around to it.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Fury: $13,500
Aftermarket Parts: $5,000
TOTAL: $18,500

Asking Price: Around $10,500 - $12,000 <-- I would start around $12,000 and give some bargaining room to about $10,500 if I was really strapped for cash.

Hope this helps.

Or you can wreck it and get a full payout by your insurance :D

When I wrecked my Ducati, I bought the bike for $13,500 but with all the aftermarket parts the bike was valued around $21,000. Insurance paid fullbike vale and 100% for my damaged riding gear.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine is insured at retail plus $3000 aftermarket. However, I highly doubt I could even get 9-10k in my local market (4 months old w/ 3000 miles, perfect condition). I just looked at a single local TV station classified site that I visit frequently, and there are almost 2,000 used road bikes listed. And that is in a very small market, Salt Lake. They don't turn very fast. The bikes with a lot of customization seem to sit forever.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts